What’s going through the minds of your Guests as they walk toward your organization for the first time?
Bruce Loeffler thinks you ought to know.
Writing in One Minute Service, Loeffler brings his years of experience with Disney and presents a helpful reminder that organizations of any sizes – including churches – can improve their level of Guest services by understanding what is going through the minds of your Guests.
Loeffler served in many capacities while at Disney, and it shaped the development of his current company, Experience International, and the services it provides.
Taking the Guest perspective, Loeffler defined 5 expectations that Guests have. Although they are not taught as such to cast members, he believes they are the five basic ingredients that most Guests want when they visit Disney – and I agree.
I also happen to think they describe the expectations of Guests coming to your church this weekend.
The Five Expectations of Disney Service©
- Excellence – Guests want quality service from you. They want to know your organization strives for excellence and its team members are providing their best effort.
- Experience – Guests want their visit to be enjoyable and fun. They want to be treated as someone special and to leave with a positive experience.
- Expediency – Guests want knowledgeable team members who are efficient and able to facilitate their needs with ease and in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm – Guests want team members who are out-going, friendly, personable, courteous, and who truly enjoy helping others.
- Empathy – Guests want team members who can respect and relate to them and will take ownership to resolve problems quickly when they occur.
There is no magic formula for why Disney is so effective. But from my experience, it is successful because Disney creates a model and an image of what excellence should look like; establishes high standards for cast members to aspire to; and then trains each cast member to achieve those expectations. – Bruce Loeffler
Do you know what your Guests are expecting this weekend?
inspired by and adapted from One Minute Service, by Bruce Loeffler
In April 2015, Bruce released a new book entitled The Experience. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the release of the book, I will be updating some posts from last year. And to get ready for those posts,I thought a return visit to his first book was a great way to start!