The questions below are designed to be thought-provoking in terms of what you are doing at your own church.
- If you asked the average person at your church who is responsible for greeting Guests, what would they say?
- If you asked the average person at your church who is responsible for helping Guests become regular attenders and then members, what would they say?
- How do members and regular attenders of your church describe what the church is like in a sentence or two? In a word or two?
- If I drove into the nearest convenience store or gas station and asked the clerk about your church, what would she say?
- Is your church facility a warm, inviting place? Is it easy to find?
- When a Guest comes into your campus, do they know where to park? Where to enter the building? Where to take their children? Where to find the worship service?
- Are the print materials you use easy to understand?
- Is the language you use during worship full of “insider” terms? Would a person without a church background understand what is going on?
- If a Guest attends your church once, but doesn’t come back for a few weeks, would you know it? If you did, what would you do about it?
- When a Guest wants to further investigate faith in Christ, is there a clear “next step” to follow?
- Does your church really want Guests attending every week?
- What are you as a leader prepared to do to is the answer to the previous question is “no”?
- What if the answer to the question is “yes”?
Day #19 of the 40 Day Guest Experience Journey